Watch: Yibing Wu collapses on court in Washington in scary scene & retires match

Wu collapsed during his Washington first-round match against Yosuke Watanuki.

Yibing Wu retired his Washington first-round match after collapsing on the court in terrifying scenes. On Monday, Wu was 4-1 up against Yosuke Watanuki. As Wu was approaching his chair, he collapsed. The staff immediately rushed to help Wu but the match ended that moment.

Presumably, the heat got to Wu and that caused the collapse.

Wu collapses for the second time in less than a month
Earlier this month, Wu fainted on the court during a straight-set defeat to Frances Tiafoe in the Wimbledon first round.

When the medical staff checked out Wu, it was revealed that he had a heart rate of 187. Still, Wu finished the match but Tiafoe won 7-6 (4) 6-3 6-4. After the match, Tiafoe admitted he felt a bit scared after seeing Wu collapse.“I was like, man, this is wild.

Then he told me that his heart was skipping a beat. Having problems with his heart and stuff. Felt like he was collapsing in there. He’s like, ‘I’m gonna try and play.’ Once he said that, I was like, ‘Oh, we’re about to have a war.

He’s going to start coming out and playing loose’ – which we did. I was happy he felt all right and he was able to finish the match and played a high level. I thought the last two sets was super-high level. It was fun.

We get along really well – I like Wu a lot. We’re going to have many more battles,” Tiafoe said after beating Wu.After exiting Wimbledon, Wu revealed on his social media that he probably ate something before the match that he should not have.

“There was something wrong with the food I ate last night – I even felt like I was losing my consciousness out there. I was better after my medical timeout, but it still affected my breathing. I feel good to play like I did, given my situation. I will go for a further check-up later,” Wu wrote on Weibo after exiting Wimbledon.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *